08 June 2022
Markets in Focus:
CEO Americas, Commodities People
Chief Executive Officer and Chief Marketing Officer, Xcoal
Executive Director OTC Structured Product, RJO'Brien
Managing Director and Global Head of Financial Trading, Cargill
Witches brew (Geopolitics, ESG initiatives and the lingering impact of COVID-19)
- How are company leaders positioning themselves in an era of high prices and extreme volatility?
- How has the war on Ukraine impacted different markets? How will this impact markets in the long term?
- What are the lingering impacts of COVID-19? Are supply chains springing back, and if not, how long until we are back to"normal?"
- How has the focus on ESG changed the way companies operate, particularly carbon-intensive industries?
Dr. Craig Pirrong
Professor of Finance, Bauer College of Business,
University of Houston
Impact of extreme volatility on large trading companies
- The impact of volatility on funding needs/costs: variation margins
- The impact of volatility on funding needs/costs: initial margin
- The impact of volatility and price levels on funding needs: financing inventories
- The impact of volatility on trading risk and opportunities
Ukraine invasion exposes weakness of global integration of commodities
- Impact of invasion on commodity markets
- Interrelationship between oil, natural gas, fertilizers, ag commodities, FX, inflation, etc.
- Need for top notch data sources, analytics and risk management systems
Sr. Manager Global Commodity Research & North American Chocolate, Mars Inc.
Impact of climate change on ags markets
- An objective look at the past – weather shocks and market reactions
- What lies ahead – IPCC climate trends and potential market risks
- Considerations for managing future price risk in a changing climate
Research Director, Green Markets, Bloomberg
Fertilizer Tied To Energy Shift as Supply Shocks Mount
- Fertilizers too big to ignore amid Ukraine crisis
- Record prices - how can farmers adjust?
- Energy crunch to dictate nitrogen supply availability